Azimuth is a niche consulting firm specialized in design and delivery of studies to understand the ecological and health effects of environmental contamination. These services are typically applied in the regulatory contexts of environmental impact assessment, environmental monitoring, and human health and ecological risk assessment.
Azimuth is a relatively small company of senior and intermediate level scientists. Azimuth’s Partners include two BC Contaminated Sites Approved Professionals (CSAP) Risk Assessors and a Diplomate of the American Board of Toxicology (DABT). Azimuth delivers its services from offices in Vancouver and Sidney, BC with project experience in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Yukon Territory, and Nunavut.
For a small firm, we serve a wide range of sectors/clients, including mining, transportation, real estate, ports, government, First Nations and legal firms. Azimuth is often relied on to communicate project findings to communities, regulatory agencies, and/or stakeholders.
Azimuth is built around a shared philosophy that is demonstrated by:
- Our Team: Experienced professionals who like being challenged with complex problems that benefit from a good evidence base and effective communication.
- Our clients: Our clients reflect on Azimuth. They expect high quality service, continuity, and solutions that are scaled to the problem.
- Our Approach: We meet our clients’ expectations by providing senior expertise from “cradle to grave”. We are proactive. We understand the regulatory goals and build consensus through sound science and communication.
WORK WITH US
As partners in specific projects
By its very nature, Azimuth is a great teaming partner for many types of projects. Our services often complement the skill sets of other environmental consulting or engineering firms. We like working with peers from difference disciplines to put together the “uber-team”.
As an employee
Azimuth is identifying candidates to join our team. We are accepting applications for two positions:
Intermediate Risk Assessors / Biologists: The intermediate position is suited for individuals with five to ten years of experience in contaminated sites and/or environmental assessment and monitoring for the mining sector…
Senior Risk Assessors / Biologists: Ideal candidates are interested in working on complex and high risk sites or problems and have the ability to think independently and strategically – focusing on risk assessment, environmental monitoring and/or environmental assessment…
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
HEALTH & SAFETY
Health and safety is of utmost importance at Azimuth.
Our Occupational Health and Safety Program is maintained and continuously improved through:
• Policies and procedures
• Health and Safety meetings
• Project-specific Health and Safety Plans
• Ongoing and targeted training
• Annual all-staff Health and Safety Day